4.2.10

The Gown Event Newsletter:: Bridal Blogger

Amy Jean {The Relentless Bride}


Pondering the unique idea of having her wedding celebration commemorated in an oil painting, by a Live Event Artist, charismatic Bridal Blogger, Amy Jean of The Relentless  Bride blog, shared (as she does with many posts about her wedding planning endeavors)  this post with her many 'Followers'.  Deciding that she could not pass up this once in a lifetime opportunity to have her wedding reception frozen in time, excitedly, Amy Jean shared her decision about this  amazing find in a post.

With great delight & enthusiasm (and permission from Amy Jean) without further ado  :: MAKING ROOM IN MY BUDGET

Yes sir-ee Bob, I found me a live event artist thanks to this post I did last week. Heidi @Heidzillas commented saying one of her brides was doing this for her wedding. I emailed her back instantly asking for more info. I didn't even know where to begin in searching for someone with this type of talent... And Luckily for me, Heidi's bride, Tara didn't mind sharing. In fact she wrote me this email with all of her live event artist's info and how she found her. And although Tara's getting married in Cleveland, Ohio... lucky for me, her live event artist is actually from Orange County, CA. And Who's getting married in the OC? ME!!!!!!!!

So i contacted Karen @Karen Wall Garrison who is a custom fine artist/muralist/live event artist just to appease my curiosity. I really didn't think I could afford this and didn't know where to cut corners to try to make this work. After a few email's back and forth, I decided having this would be worth it, and surprisingly, her rates are VERY affordable.

Here are a few more examples of her work below... and you will notice, she is the newest addition to sponsor my site. Ladies... negotiate away. I was able to wrangle a discount by bartering services with her. We all know how powerful the blogosphere could be, and Karen who is amazingly talented will also find out that blog referrals are the best and plentiful.

So visit her blog, or her site and check out her amazing work. I can't wait to memorialize our wedding with this once in a lifetime chance to get it on canvas!




{photos via here via here::specialthanx}
*{"All images are from Karen's website and used with her permission!"}


Now the real question is: Do i have her paint our ceremony or part of our reception?
What would you do?

{Back to The Gown Event Newsletter}








2 comments:

denise said...

I've never seen a live artist doing wedding pictures before - what a fabulous and original idea!

xxDenise
www.rawbrides.com

Pearls Of Wisdom, LLC said...

Hi Denise,

Isn't this an amazing personal wedding touch?!
It's the gift that keeps on giving.
{LUV}-ly